I realize we are all going to eat and drink more than we should this weekend. Me included. We have all earnt some time off this weekend. However do this to help minimize the damage.
1. Start your day with a high-protein, high-fiber breakfast each morning. This will keep you full for a long time and just hopefully you big out less the rest of the day.
I had the pleasure of speaking to a group of moms at with our local MOPs group (Moms of Preschoolers) about nutrition and exercise. I can only hope they got as much out of the program as I did. It was a rainy day outside, but you would never have known that by the cheery smiles and supportive chatter amongst all the women I met that morning and evening. I was expecting to teach them a bit about proper nutrition and lead them in a mini-Mommy Recess class, but instead I was the one learning from each of them.
Get in a workout whenever or where ever you are! Seriously, there are times when I am folding laundry and I start to feel a small ball of frustration because I know I have something else to get done right after...So I see how long I can hold a squat or I do calf raises while folding. If I can't workout (in a grocery store, any place of worship) then I envision it. The more I envision it the more likely I am going to do it.
I am taking a short trip to my native land Australia, in a month. I will be using these tips to stay in shape while I indulge in everything aussie.
1. Do 30 min of physical activity in the morning- A walk, run, some bodyweight exercises, anything. Chances are you will caught up doing stuff later in the day. Get up 30 min earlier and get some activity in. Your waistline will than you.
This is from 'Engineering the Alpha' by John Romaniello & Adam Bornstein. PLEASE take note. I agree with all of them.
1. Fat doesn't make you fat. It is necessary for hormonal balance.
2. Heavy weights don't make you bulky. Don't fear them, they are your friend.
3. Yoga is not for girls.
4. Muscle does not weigh more than fat. But fat does take up a lot more space than muscle.
Here are 10 Unusual Tips to Burn Fat Faster by Chad Howse of Powerhouse Metabolism 1. Drink water when you wake up. Our metabolisms are one of our most important friends in our mission to fight fat. By drinking 2 big glasses of cold water upon rising, we're getting the calorie burning process started without actually consuming any calories. We're also rehydrating our bodies after a 6-8 hour span with full body function that uses a lot of water, but has no hydration. 2. Fat cells are more receptive during the morning.