Palm Desert, CA 92260
Cathy Serif, Author, Nutritionist, Fitness Coach, and Founder of CRUSH !T, is a nationally recognized expert in fitness and nutrition. Serif has been a dedicated professional in the health and fitness industry for more than 38 years and is among the top in her field with certifications from the American College of Sports Medicine and the Natural Healing Institute of Naturopathy. Cathy is well known for her highly effective diet and exercise strategies and has been impacting lives and transforming bodies since 1980.
Cathy's tenacious spirit and creative appetite for business lead her to create a fitness boot camp model in 2005, the Balanced Training Boot Camp Experience, that challenged, changed, and inspired thousands of people in her community to adopt a healthy and fit life-style. In 2015 Cathy sold Balanced Training Boot Camp to assist in the grand opening and launch of Orangetheory Fitness in Palm Desert.
Cathy’s hobbies include creating healthy recipes, running, community involvement, running Ragnar Relays, watching Lifetime and Hallmark movies on a lazy Sunday afternoon and spending time with her friends and family. Cathy is the proud mother of two daughters, Jamie Alexandra and Angelica Rochelle and equally proud stepmother of Carlie Michelle and Bryan Andrew. She resides in Southern California with her husband Lawrence and her rescue dog Runner.
Accolades, Achievements, Certifications and Community Collaboration
• American College of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Fitness Trainer-Present
• Natural Healing Institute of Naturopathy Certified Clinical Nutritionist-Present
• RRCA certified Running Coach
• Author of the Desert Detox Diet; 30 Days to Realizing Your True Weight-Loss Potential-Present
• Legacy Ambassador with lululemon athletica Palm Desert 2016-present
• lululemon Palm Desert Run Club Leader 2010-present
• Two-term lululemon athletica ambassador 2012-2016
• Elite Level Ranking with IDEA, a recognition that represents the highest measures of achievement, best practices and business ethics in the personal fitness training industry.
• Creator of the Balanced Training Boot Camp Experience 2005-2015
• Voted as the number one experience in fitness by Desert Magazines Best of the Valley for her program Balanced Training Boot Camp. 2010-2015
• Voted as the number one experience in fitness for Balanced Training Boot Camp by Palm Springs Life Magazines “Best of the Best” Reader’s Choice Poll.
• Recognized by Palm Springs Life Magazine as one of the Coachella Valley's "101 Most Influential People" for her engagement in the community and her ability to inspire the Valley to fitness. 2007
• Previously held position as a Master Trainer in Indoor Cycling with LeMond Academy
• Health & Fitness Columnist and Feature Writer authoring more than 400 articles and feature stories for the Star Beacon in Ashtabula, Ohio and contributor to articles published in the Desert Magazine and Dune Magazine.
• Current and Previous Charity involvement with the Wounded Warrior Foundation, Desert Cancer Foundation, Catholic Charities, Soles for Souls, Humana Challenge & Desert Classic Charities and the Girlfriend Factor.